Saturday, November 19, 2011

Now you see it, now you don't - illusion knitting


Have you seen this before?  I remember the first time I saw pieces like these, I was so impressed! Now I know a bit more about how it's done but I'm still really amazed at how a knitting pattern can work like this. When you look straight at the piece you only see two-colour stripes. But when you look at it from the side - voilà. A picture is revealed.

Stripes...
Mona Lisa!
Stripes....
Girl with a pearl earring! 
 Pretty cool, huh? Although these pieces are very pretty I couldn't imagine putting panels like these on my walls at home. I'm not a fan of putting fabric on the walls. But I think that it would be great to add an illusion knitted cushion to my sofa. Like this one;

Fleur-de-lis
All pictures come from Woolly Thoughts where you can also buy patterns for all kinds of motifs. And what's even better, they tell you all about how the pattern is done! They break down how you can take a picture of your own choice and turn it into an illusion knitting piece. AND the website also have tutorials for simpler patterns so that you can have a go at illusion knitting right away! So do check it out.
Now you see it...
Now you don't. Well, almost not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...