Thursday, November 10, 2011

Detour to lace and stripes


Yes, yes, I know that I said that I would go straight from the cabled tunic to the Snake-a-licious sweater. But I just had to make a little detour... all knitters make detours, right? Just a quickie here and there and suddenly you have 15 unfinished projects! But I just HAD to make this one. I've been knitting so much for kids lately and need a break from it. I will show you what's on my needles as I proceed. It's from a pattern I bought on Ravelry and it involves LACE and STRIPES. Isn't that an unusal combination? I just love stripes. But I'm not a lace knitter. After the first rounds I was like "what the heck is this supposed to be? Just a mishmash of stitches." But as I got better and better I actually saw a pattern take shape. So then I had to unravel and start all over again so that the pattern would run smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...