Thursday, November 3, 2011

Chunky cables coming up


 I've been having some chunky cables on my needles lately since I'm working on a new pattern for a toddler's cape. I really like mixing moss stitch pattern with cables and it has been real fun to knit with chunky yarn again because you se the pattern take form in no time at all. Capes, or ponchos as some call them, is great for that in-between weather, not to mention that they are super cute on small kids. 

This time I worked in an alpaca and sheep wool blend from Garnstudio Drops, it's called Andes. They have the same yarn in three different weights which is great, but unfortunately the color range isn't so exciting in all of them. But it is soft, warm and very price-worthy.

The Chunky Cables Cape Pattern needs a bit more test-knitting but I hope that I can present it to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...