Monday, October 31, 2011

Be square or not?

I will soon be needing new needles. I have a fair amount of needles already but I don't have any size 5 mm needles. Most of the time I can do without them but I'm working on a new project now and I think that they would give me the desired gauge. Once I started to use Knit Pro in wood I never buy anything else. I just love them, they're sharp and give just the right friction and with the interchangeable system they have you can't ask for anything more. But sometimes I wonder what they're made of because my cats like to chew on them (not that I let them).


But I can't make up my mind whether to try the new Cubics model that they are now selling at my LYS. I don't know how long they have been on the market but they are new here in Sweden. I got to test knit with them at the store but I didn't really feel any difference. But the SA said that some experience a smoother, more even result with the square needles. And also, if you have problem with the garment twisting around the cable when you knit in the round, the square neeedles will help to stop that because they stay still in your hands. No risk for them twisting. Maybe I should give them a try. If you have the Cubics needles, please share your experience! Are they really useful or is it just another trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...