Thursday, February 9, 2012

The other needle II: Crocodile stitch


I would like knit an airy top for kids with some crocodile stitch added too it. Why? Not sure... I don't remember how I came up with this idea. But I decided to give the crocodile stitch a go, it's been a while since I crocheted. I prefer the looks of knitted items but crochet works great for details and brims. And it's fun! Almost as fun as knitting...

I looked around and decided to use this tutorial by Teresa to learn the crocodile (or petal) stitch.  Even though it's not ideal to use a multicoloured yarn when you want to give a clear demonstration of a somewhat complicated stitch, I still think that she does the job and you quickly get the hang of it.



It was great fun to crochet this stitch and I got a little carried away, the swatch turned into a scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...