Sunday, January 8, 2012

Planning projects for 2012

I read a blog the other day where the blogger looked back at the goals she had in 2011. It was three designs of her own and 28 finished projects. 28! She did succeed in making the tre designs but "only" finished 21 projects. My God. Of course she didn't have any kids. Ohterwise she'd be superhuman. I wish I could finish 21 objects in one year.

When I think about what stuff I'd like to knit this year I always devide them into two categories; stuff that I knit for myself, and things that I design for Isola/kids. When it comes to myself I like to knit straight off a pattern, I shouldn't have to make any alternations, I just want to follow the instructions without thinking and voilĂ , have an awesome garment. On my list for this year is to finish the cable dress I wrote about here, and to start and finish that awesome snake-a-licous sweater. And then I have these two coats on my wish lists; (wish list is stuff that I'd probably won't get around to knit unless I win on the lottery and can quit my day job, but hey, somebody has to win.)

Audrey Coat by Cheryl Nelson

 
Sylvi by Mari Muinonen


But when it comes to the kids stuff, I'm not as focused. For some reason, I don't like to follow kids patterns, I'd rather make up patterns of my own. So this is where I experiment and go crazy. This is where all the calculating, frogging and pulling out my hair takes place. I have several ideas for different multicoloured cowls and also a black-and white striped vest with big collar that I need to start working on asap. But that's as far as it goes for the moment... hmm, need to think more about this. At least I have made friends with the Malabrigo lace now and is busy knitting a soft candle flame cowl.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I don't know - I have kids and I managed to finish 30 projects last year and countless charity afghan squares. I think the secret is to always have your knitting handy and the minute you have down time, pick it up mindlessly... that's what I do anyway, even when we're standing in line at Disney... lol.

    I love that Sylvi pattern and it's on my list for next year. I think I need to psych myself up for that one... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 projects and more, wow! Kudos to you! The fact is, after work I only have about four hours with my daughter before she goes to sleep. I try not to knit during these hours because she is only two and can already say "mummy, knitting, no!" (in Swedish) So I save it until after she's tucked in and those few hours that are left just fly away. But I hope that I will succeed better this year!

    Good luck with your Sylvi! It's really fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...