Friday, January 6, 2012

New year, new yarn

Is there any better way to start a new year than with some new fresh elements to your old stash? I've just put my hands on some wonderful Malabrigo Lace. I looked at Malabrigo's website and learned that they make this yarn in an endless variety of colours. To bad that the only LYS in town that carries this yarn only has about seven! Of course, I still had difficult to choose. But I decided to go for this crisp light blue that I think will be nice in this grey winter we have in Sweden. It's called Blue Surf.


As I got home I realized that this was the first time that I had to wind a ball from the hank myself. But with a little imagination I managed to do it with the help of my knees. Yes, knitting involves the whole body! But winding one skein took me over an hour! How long does it take to wind a ball if you use a swift? I will see where my affair with Malabrigo Lace takes me to see if it's worth getting one...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...