Monday, May 21, 2012

Keep going or give up, that is the question

I'm currently working on a boat neck sweater for Isola. It's in a milk chocolate brown hue with a narrow hot pink brim and inspired by a very basic sweater of my own. But the designing of the sleeve caps makes me crazy. I don't get the math right by some reason... So maybe it will stay a dream, it remains to be seen. And typical me, when I get stuck on something, I feel like just tossing it aside and make something that's a complete opposite of what I'm doing. Which, I guess, is why I just bought this pattern for myself:



It's Still Light Tunic by Veera Välimäki and normally a piece of this size, all in stockinette stitch, makes me go snooze but for some reason a knit like this seems strangely appealing and soothing all of a sudden. I can't get it out of my head! I need to make this!

But then I look at Isola's sweater and feel guilty. Not that she would care, she is sick of me running after her with half-knitted garments to try on, but I feel it would be such a waste to leave it unfinished. It was so good in theory...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...