Wednesday, October 12, 2011

One step forward... two steps back.

I haven't really posted any pictures of my current projects. That's because it seems that I spend more time unravelling than knitting. For example, I spend most of last weekend trying to knit the skirt part of a toddlers dress. I say try because I had to steal time inbetween domestic chores and other stuff that you need to do during the days off. After finally knitting in the round for 14 inches I realized that I had miscalculated the decreases. And I had to start all over again. Two days work for "nothing". I really don't love the math part of pattern designing. Not at all. Well, you know what they say, practising makes perfect.

So I spent the day searching for "speed knitting", trying to learn some techniques to speed it up. But I think it's a little like teaching old dogs to sit. It would feel like learning to knit all over again. And THAT is something that I definately don't have time to do.

Take a look at this, it's a clip with Miriam Tegels, the world's fastest knitter. I need to hire her!


                                      


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...