Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Winterwarm wrists

Colorful mittens from RainbowMittens

The time that passes from winter to winter may indeed seem like a lifetime for kids. Seasons change and they change as well! Isola absolutely loved her mittens last winter. She was only one year old and could barely walk but needed to have those mittens hanging around her neck wherever she went, indoors too. She could even put them on herself which I thought was quite impressive for a baby. But spring came and I stashed them away in a drawer. Today when I gave her new mittens for this fall, she just stared suspiciously at them. I said "Come on, let's try them on!". She sat down on the floor and started to take off her socks. She had forgotten what mittens are. "No, no, it's not socks. It's mittens. You put them on your hands!" She reluctantly let me put the mittens on both of her hands. She was very suspicious. Then she touched her face with one of them and almost shuddered at the sensation of wool to her cheek. "Hair" she shrieked like she use to when a strand of cat hair gets in her face and tore them off. "No, they're not hairy. They're made of the softest alpaca wool there is. And you're going to wear them!" That's what I wanted to say but what point is there? If a two-year-old complains that the mittens are hairy then she's problably right. I just said "Ok honey, maybe you'll like them better when it's colder outside....." and put them away. And then I started on another pair =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...